Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show at Orange County holiday performances
ORANGE COUNTY, N.Y. (December 5, 2017) – Like Santa’s bag of toys, the Hudson Valley is filled with holiday entertainment treats for all ages. Celebrate the season at a variety of shows. Be dazzled by the dance of Sugar Plum Fairies or the thrilling moves of theatrical acrobats cloaked in holiday costumes. Be lifted by the sounds of classic choirs or relax to live jazz renditions of holiday favorites. Whether you’re a local resident or traveling from afar to find the perfect tree, Orange County, N.Y. is your one-stop-shop for holiday fun.
‘Tis the season for holiday-themed getaways to Orange County,” said Orange County Tourism Assistant Mary Ann McCarthy. “With more than 20 tree farms, wonderful shopping outlets, unique downtown shops, theatres, wineries, breweries and farm-to-table restaurants, there’s no shortage of things to do this holiday season.”
Some upcoming Orange County holiday shows include:
• SUNY Orange Madrigals Concert, Morrison Mansion, 115 South Street, Middletown, N.Y., Saturday & Sunday, December 9-10, 2017, 3-5 p.m.: Enjoy an afternoon of beautiful music to begin your holiday season with a winter concert, featuring madrigals, spirituals and many popular songs and carols for the holidays. www.sunyorange.edu/
• Cirque Dreams Holidaze, Eisenhower Hall Theatre, 655 Pitcher Road, West Point, N.Y., Sunday, December 10, 2017, 5-7:30 p.m.: Celebrate the most wonderful time of the year with this lavish production filled with over 300 imaginative costumes, 20 world class acts, and filled with seasonal favorites, such as snowmen, Angels, reindeer, toy soldiers, gingerbread men, ornaments and, of course, Santa! This phenomenon features soaring acrobatics, gravity defying feats, elaborate production numbers and illusions. www.ikehall.com/artists.htm
• Hudson Valley Jazz Ensemble, Warwick Performing Arts Center, 63 Wheeler Street, Warwick, N.Y., Sunday, December 10, 2017, 4-5:30 p.m.: Celebrate the season with the 8th annual holiday concert featuring Rick Savage, Robert Kopec, Bob Rosen, Gabriele Tranchina, Joe Vincent Tranchina, Steve Rubin and more. Special dance and music improv have been added to the show. www.facebook.com/events/1520749601351104/
• Newburgh Symphonic Chorale Benjamin Britten Christmas Concert, St. George’s Church, 105 Grand Street, Newburgh, N.Y., Sunday, December 10, 2017, 4-5 p.m.: The Newburgh Symphonic Chorale will present Benjamin Britten’s Ceremony of Carols accompanied by harp and Saint Nicolas, a cantata with chamber orchestra featuring tenor Brother Josép Martinez-Cubero. Free Will Offering. Handicapped accessible with parking across the street. www.newburghsymphony.org/
• Classic Choral Society & Orchestra Winter Concerts, First Presbyterian Church, 33 Park Place, Goshen, N.Y., Sundays, December 10 & 17, 2017, 4-6 p.m.: Join the Classic Choral Society and Orchestra for its 58th annual winter concerts, conducted by Janiece Kohler and featuring an audience sing-along. www.classicchoralsociety.org/
Be sure to visit Orange County Tourism’s Facebook page: Orange County Tourism NY. It’s a fabulous guide to up-to-the-minute postings of area events and activities, great times, and memorable experiences available to visitors.
Also visit Orange County Tourism’s innovative and user friendly new website: www.orangetourism.org.
Photo: Scene from Cirque Dreams Holidaze
About Orange County Tourism
Orange County Tourism, based in Goshen, N.Y., is the county’s tourism headquarters and a participant in the I LOVE NY program. A comprehensive listing of area attractions, lodging, and events can be found at www.OrangeTourism.org. For a free copy of the Orange County Travel Guide, e-mail email@example.com or call 845-615-3860.