Check off everyone on your list with a trip to unique Hudson Valley shops.
ORANGE COUNTY, N.Y. (December 14, 2016) – A trip to Orange County, N.Y. could be the answer to holiday shopping for that hard to buy for person on your list. This Hudson Valley county features specialty gift shops with a little something for everyone. Shoppers here can also take in beautifully decorated downtowns and snow covered landscapes as they pick up their last minute stocking stuffers.
“Orange County has an eclectic collection of stores with gifts to match anyone’s taste,” said Orange County Tourism Director Susan Hawvermale. “Spend a day taking in our shops all decked out for the season. The best part is when you shop here you are supporting small businesses that make Orange County a better place to live.”
Some Orange County shops include:
• Newhard’s, 39 Main St., Warwick: A local family business dedicated to delivering quality products with the best possible service. Featured gifts include fragrances, beautiful children’s toys, kitchenware, and locally crafted jewelry. Free gift wrapping on all purchases is available. www.newhards.com
• Foundry42, 42 Front St., Port Jervis: Eclectic shop features craftsman goods and wares, including their signature tote bag, aprons, furniture and fabrics. While you’re there, enjoy the coffee bar and selection of baked goods. www.F42home.com
• 18th Century Furniture, 58 Wood Road, Sugar Loaf: Specializes in handmade one-of-a-kind furniture made from 100-200 year old reclaimed barn wood, folk crafts and hand-sewn specialties. www.18centuryfurniture.wordpress.com
• Peg’s Eggs & Honey, 115 Liberty Corners Road, Pine Island: This small local farm raises its own free range chickens and is a great place to buy ingredients for a festive holiday dinner. It also specializes in local honey from its own hives! 845-258-4998
• Jones Farm and Country Store, 190 Angola Rd., Cornwall: One of the largest gift, decorative and personal accessories stores in the Hudson Valley. Enjoy room after room of children’s toys, jewelry, accessories, candles and more. Also choose from homegrown produce, local, all-natural and gourmet foods. www.jonesfarminc.com
Be sure to visit Orange County Tourism’s Facebook page: Orange County Tourism NY. It’s a fabulous guide to up-to-the-minute postings of area events and activities, great times, and memorable experiences available to visitors.
Also visit Orange County Tourism’s innovative and user friendly new website: www.orangetourism.org.
About Orange County Tourism
Orange County Tourism, based in Goshen, N.Y., is the county’s tourism headquarters and a participant in the I LOVE NY program. A comprehensive listing of area attractions, lodging, and events can be found at www.OrangeTourism.org. For a free copy of the Orange County Travel Guide, e-mail email@example.com or call 845-615-3860.
Sleep in an architecturally significant B&B, or book a room at a nationally known hotel. Casual travelers as well as visitors looking for luxury will find a wide range of properties to consider. There are lodging options for everyone – Try our user-friendly lodging search below and come stay with us in Orange County, NY.